#WebWednesday – Social Media News from a Non-Guru
As Revinators, we are extremely passionate about social media and online reputation. We live and breathe this stuff on a daily basis, tweeting with zealous regularity and engaging our following with conviction. While we like to think we possess an expert-level of social media knowledge, we would never label ourselves ‘experts’ (or other popularly used titles like social media ‘mavens’ and ‘gurus’ for example). In a social media space that is constantly changing and always requires forays into unchartered territory, it is fairly misguided to qualify yourself as a seasoned expert. We think the above comic really gets this point across.
Semantics aside, it IS possible to stay well-informed in the space and make educated social media strategy decisions accoringly. We hope that our weekly #WebWednesday series of social media news helps support this decision-making. Stay tuned for more updates on the blog this week and another comic next week.
- Facebook Advertising Exchange Rolls Into News Feed
- Six-second postcards: Vine is changing how travelers share stories
- Mobile, Local and Social Content Come Together
- 3 Ways Facebook Hashtags Could Help Brands
- How we accomplished big goals with content and social media marketing
- TripAdvisor Introduces New Property Dashboard
- Are Online Review Sites Driving a Resurgence of Great Service at Hotels?
- Facebook: Brands can now put targeted posts in news feeds
- Instagram Photos Now Affect Your Klout Score
- Tracking the Hotel Sales Funnel with Social Media
- Barometer: How does your Facebook page stack up?
- Travel Brands Are Representing On Social Media [INFOGRAPHIC]
- From Dreaming to Booking: How Facebook Graph Search Plays a Role for Hotels in the Travel Planning Process
- Google rolling out update to Google Places for Business