Have you downloaded our 2019 Email Marketing Planner yet? Email marketing can help you unlock revenue and connect with guests that you otherwise wouldn’t. It can also help you craft the kind of personalized approach that drives guest loyalty. Ace your 2019 hotel email strategy this year with our 2019 Email Marketing Planner.
While our planner will help you take your email marketing to the next level, it’s just the start. We’ve come up with a few tips that should help you make the most of it.
1. Think in Bite-sized Pieces
Don’t try and plan the year all at once. It will likely feel overwhelming. Instead, break it down into more manageable pieces. Perhaps you plan by month, or by quarter. So long as you’re planning ahead and staying ahead of your booking window, you’re going to see a return on the time you invested in planning.
2. Match Your Content to Demand
Be sure to match your content and offers with the season. Think about the types of guests that visit during low- and high-demand seasons.
- In low season, you want to focus on discounts and aggressive deals.
- In high season, you want to focus on your most lucrative guests and provide them with enticing value-added offers.
- In shoulder season, you really want to separate yourself from the competition. Occupancy is available and rates are still relatively high. Hit your lists frequently with come up with enticing offers.
3. Take Advantage of Holidays and Other Special Events
You also want to consider what holidays and other timely events taking place in your area and build email campaigns around them. For example, in the summer, you could consider the following: family vacations, holidays like the Fourth of July in the US, Canada Day in Canada, or Bastille Day in France, could all be demand generators in your market.
To learn more about maximizing your hotel email marketing, check out our Email Marketing Guide for an in-depth look at everything you need to know to launch a successful campaign.