Blog Articles

Airplane child-phobia

Last Updated: October 21, 2022|Categories: Blog|Tags: , |1.3 min read|

I don’t know about you but the night before I fly I kneel down and pray that I will be kept safe… safely away from any and all children on the plane. I know, I know. I was once a kid and all parents do their best, yadda yadda. Trust me. I love kids as much as the next person but I don’t love them next to me, in front of me, or behind me on a plane.

In the waiting area I scan the passengers and make a mental list of the kids I hope are seated no where near me. As we board I make silent deals with the airplane gods. ‘If I don’t have to sit next to the 6-year old twins with runny noses, I promise to babysit for my niece next weekend. If there are at least 10 rows between me and the newborn I will call my mother when I land, just to chat.’

And now, I read with delight that I’m not alone! According to a Fancompare survey, 80% of survey respondents said they support the idea of creating a “family-only” section on planes. The other 20% don’t count because they are clearly the minority. And they are clearly the ones with little kids.

When I was little we used to fly in the smoking section of the airplane so my parents could enjoy a carton of Marlboro Lights to help pass the time. I served my time in the party section. Now it’s your turn, kiddos.

Related Posts

Insights that drive results

Subscribe now to get the latest content

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. *Required fields.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.