If you are fortunate enough to be working now, there’s no shortage of things you can do to set yourself up for success when demand picks back up. One activity that can pay dividends when travel restrictions lift is to survey your guests about their future travel intentions. The data you receive can help you inform your marketing strategy and ensure that your communications are well-received.
Their responses can help shape:
- How you prioritize bringing back on-property operational services
- The timing of your marketing campaigns
- The content of your marketing promotions
Here are some examples of questions that will help you gather the insights you need:
- If you’re thinking about traveling, what time frame are you considering?
- What form of transportation do you intend to use to travel to your first destination?
- What travel plans of yours were cancelled due to Covid-19?
- Do you intend to make up for those cancelled plans?
- What events did you miss due to coronavirus?
- Will your first trip be with family, friends or on your own?
- Will your first trip be for business or leisure?
- What services are you most looking forward to upon your next visit to our hotel?
- What would you love to do at our hotel or in our surrounding area that you weren’t able to do last time you were here?
- What was your favorite aspect of our hotel when you last visited?
With this data, you can focus on the topics that are most relevant to your guests. For example, if you find that most of your guests will be traveling to you via their own cars, you can send an email about staff’s favorite things to do within an hour of the hotel. Include photos and reviews from employees to make it personal.
If you’re looking for more ideas to drive demand, download our new guide on how to build a marketing strategy that wins bookings. It’s packed with tools to help you plan your hotel’s recovery strategy and worksheets you and your team can use to engage with your guests. If you need additional support, please reach out.