online review managementBIBLIOTECA
The Definitive Guide to Guest Feedback for Hoteliers
Is your hotel taking a holistic approach to guest feedback? Traditionally, hotel performance has been tied to GSS, and this has been a mainstay of hospitality for many years. But today’s guests are choosing to leave feedback elsewhere, on sites like TripAdvisor. This breaks down into two issues. Guests are leaving public feedback rather filling out a private GSS. And, hoteliers have not yet learned how to use this valuable content to their advantage.
Hoteliers need to use user generated content more effectively by making it the focus of their guest feedback strategy, from online reviews to GSS to feedback gathered on-premise. There are several necessary objectives here. Hoteliers need to:
- enable more guests to write more online reviews and fill out surveys
- respond to reviews in a timely and appropriate manner
- extract strategic, actionable data points from guest feedback
- get familiar with sites like TripAdvisor, and the major social networks like Facebook and Twitter
- learn how to get the most value out of user generated content
In this guide, you’ll learn exactly how and when to respond to online reviews. You’ll also learn how to get the most out of your guest satisfaction surveys. We’ll teach you the ins and outs of TripAdvisor, including how to improve your property’s ranking, and we’ll give you the rundown on the various social networks. Finally, we’ll outline some guidelines on how to set goals and measure your success.