online review managementBIBLIOTECA
Hotel guests give European Hotels Overwhelmingly Positive Feedback
Nearly two thirds of all customer feedback on hotels across Europe was positive in 2015, according to a joint report by Revinate and Colliers International. Furthermore, the higher the star classification of the hotel, the more positive the review is likely to be (the number of positive reviews five star hotels was 80% compared to 70% for four stars).
Overall highlights from the Revinate/Colliers report:
- The most popular destinations in Europe – UK and Germany for business travel – and France and Spain for leisure – also received the most reviews: they make up 71% of all reviews.
- Hotels in Greece received the most positive reviews: over 70% of their reviews were of a positive nature.
- The number of reviews does not seem to have an impact on the number of positive reviews: with only 55% of positive reviews, France is the weakest performing country. However, Spain, another of the big four, outperforms the European market by receiving for 68% of positive reviews.
- A city-by-city evaluation shows that Paris outperforms its national average by receiving 61% of positive reviews.
- Only four cities showed an improvement in the share of positive reviews they received in the last three years: Amsterdam, Brussels, Edinburgh and Moscow. All other cities saw a decrease.
- Many cities performed well on their five star hotel reviews and were above the 80% average. For four star hotels, however, the scores fluctuated significantly and several cities need to improve their offering for four star hotels.